Requirements for Adoption:
- Must live in the Central Ohio area. For rescues/shelters across Ohio, visit: ColumbusDogConnection.com/RescuesShelters.html
- Must be over the age of 24 to adopt.
- Your resident pets must be spayed/neutered.
- There is an adoption agreement and adoption fees are as follows:
- $300 for Adult Dogs (6yrs & younger)
- $200 for Senior Dogs (7 yrs and older)
- $100 for Cats
Scroll down for more info on our adoption process
- We do not have an application. Adoptions are pet-adopter driven.
- To meet our pets: Call our office at 614-471-9000 or click on the pet which you are interested in and send email.
- We are happy to discuss the adoption process. The foster dogs are in foster homes and most of the cats reside at our office.
- The adoption process includes a lease manager reference (if applicable) , a veterinarian reference, and a home-visit (in-person or virtual).
- If you've never owned a pet, part of our adoption process requires that you call several vet offices to compare services, prices, and availability. Questions to ask include:
- How many doctors are at your practice?
- Can I request to see a specific Vet or would I be scheduled with first available?
- What are your hours?
- How much is: annual exam, heartworm test & tablets, an x-ray, vaccines, a non-emergency office call?
- What vaccines do you recommend for dogs (or cats) in this area?
- The pooch that visits your home will go back home with us to allow your family to discuss and ensure he/she is a good fit for your home.
- All pets are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations, heartworm tested (dogs), FIV/leukemia tested (cats), & micro-chipped.
- Known medical conditions are discussed at time of inquiry.