Vet Tech Position
Seeking experienced part time (24-26 hrs per week) vet technician to work in a fast paced high volume spay/neuter clinic. Must have degree from an AVMA Veterinary Technology Program. Registered License a plus but not a requirement.
• Assist Head Vet Tech and staff with surgeries and medical procedures, either at our facility in Columbus or traveling to other counties in the mobile unit
• Handle pre- and post- operative patients; (sedate animals for anesthesia & monitor post-op patients)
• Attend to patient anesthesia (deliver and monitor) and surgical preparation
• Fill out medical reports, medical logs (eg hw and fecal results) and maintain controlled drug logs
• Prepare samples to be picked up by lab, and process results, read and process fecal tests
• Handle and restrain animals
• Daily verbal and written communications with staff and pet parents
• Order supplies, re-stock assigned areas of mobile unit, inventory control, and equipment maintenance
• Clean and sanitize the surgery clinic of vehicle after each clinic
• Assist with releasing patients
• Drive when necessary, must have valid Ohio drivers license
• Special projects as deemed necessary
Please send resume and salary requirements to Mirna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2761 Johnstown Rd
Columbus OH 43219
Vaccine Clinic Special Canine Flu Vaccine
January Special, to be announced
More info on our low cost vaccine clinic
May be needed for boarding
"Dog Flu" Vaccine, $16, limited quantity available
--will need boostered 2-4 weeks later (booster will also be $16)
More Info on the Flu Vaccine
Columbus Dog Connection is the only non profit, mobile spay/neuter unit in Central and Southern Ohio.
Support for our organization returns directly to help other shelters, rescues and homeless dogs/cats.
Update Nov 21, 2017 Mrs. Flores had surgery a over a month ago and while most of the orthopedic issues were addressed, she was still unable to use her rear left leg and after further examination, the vet determined that an FHO was needed so she had her second surgery. This poor girl is a trouper and is such a gem. The sweetest little patient. It will be weeks before she will completely recovers. In the meantime she is always at her foster Mom's side. FHO surgery is: a procedure that removes the head and neck from the femur, it is performed to alleviate pain, and reserved for conditions where pain can not be alleviated in any other way
Welcome to our newest foster pooch, affectionately named Mrs Flores by her rescuer, Penny Bachmann Jaffe. Thanks to Penny for getting this sweet girl to Columbus and running her to appointments. Little Mrs Flores is in a lot of pain and fortunately the awesome team at MedVet - Columbus was able to see her and fit her in for immediate surgery.
Meet Mrs. Flores, the Chihuahua. She weighs in at only 9 pounds, and is perhaps 10 years old. She was hit by a car and had her pelvis crushed and her tail separated from her spine. At the moment she cannot walk or stand. This sweet lady gives gentle kisses and doesn’t complain one bit. She will even try to roll over for a belly rub.
Mrs. Flores is having surgery on 10/6 to repair some of the damage to her pelvis and have her tail removed.
If you can make a tax-deductible donation to help defray costs of the surgery and recovery, Mrs. Flores will send you dreamy Chihuahua kisses. Paypal link http://www.columbusdogconnection.com/donatewish-list.html
Thank you to Mason Co, Penny Bachman Jaffe and Jill Merwin for stepping up to help Mrs. Flores become whole again.
Se Habla Espanol 10am - 1pm Walk In
2761 Johnstown Rd Columbus 43219
Map near Cols Airport between Cassady & Stelzer
Vaccine Clinics are always the 1st Saturday Monthly
March 3, April 7, May 5, June 2,
July 7, August 4, Sept 1, Oct 6
Low cost dog/cat vaccines flea, heartworm prevention,
heartworm test, microchipping Services & Price List
Veterinarian needed 1-4 days per months to perform surgeries at stationary and mobile high volume spay/neuter clinic.
Fun and fast paced atmosphere. Competitive pay and feel-good, rewarding experience as you will be a part of eliminating the overpopulation of unwanted litters.
Veterinarian Needed for Vaccine Clinic - 1st Saturday Monthly
We offer a vaccine clinic the first Saturday of every month 9-1. You will work with a fun group of folks and help the community.
We are looking for a veterinarian that has a great bedside manner and can work in a fast paced environment. Come and get puppy and kitty kisses.
Please send resume to Mirna MBLovesDogs@hotmail.com
The Stop Puppy Mills Ohio Ballot Initiative